Welcome to Our
Sweepstakes & Contests: Terms & Conditions
'Letters to Santa' 2018 Contest
(Effective November 12, 2018)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: Begins November 12, 2018 and ends on November 25, 2018 [HST] (“Contest Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, participants are to write a letter to Santa regarding his or her wishes and why his or wishes should be granted. Letters are to be placed into the entry box located at all participating Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc. (“Sponsor”) stores. Limit one entry per person, per day, per location. All entries must be received by 11:59pm, Sunday, 25 November 2018. Entry into the Letters to Santa 2018 Campaign does not guarantee a wish will be granted. Please refer to Sections 3 through 6 for eligibility and selection details.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Letters to Santa 2018 Campaign is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States residing in the state of Hawaii and who are between the ages of 5 and 13 at the time of entry. Eligible winner has not been a 2017 Letters to Santa recipient. All sections/fields of each entry must be completed in order to be eligible. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, KHON2 and Partners, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step” of each) and those living in the same households as such employees are ineligible to enter or win in this promotion.
4. WISH GRANTING (PRIZE) DETAILS: 3 eligible winners will be chosen. Each winner will receive a prize that is listed in their own respective letter. Approximate retail value will depend on the prize awarded. This prize is non-transferrable and cannot be substituted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
5. WINNING ENTRY SELECTION: Potential winners will be selected among all eligible entries received after the end of the Entry Period. No purchase is necessary.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by phone and/or registered mail by December 7, 2018. Potential prize winners will be required to respond within twenty-four (24) hours or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner must present a valid government issued photo ID to claim prize. If not available, winner’s guardian must present a valid government issued photo ID to claim the prize. Winner and his or her Parent or Guardian must agree to a interview on KHON2’s Living808 to accept the prize. Interview will be pre-taped for future airing. Filming will be held on December 12, 2018 at approximately 10:15am. Winners and their Parents or Guardians will be asked to arrive to the KHON2 studios earlier than film time. Interviews will be aired on one of the following Living808 2018 show dates: December 17, December 19 or December 21.
Sponsor or Partners are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, postage–due or misdirected mail or entries. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Once potential winner notification is confirmed to Sponsor, the potential prize winner must sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, and Liability Release and, unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release, to be signed and returned within the number of days indicated on the Affidavit. In the event the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; a telephone or text message notification is not confirmed to Sponsor within twenty-four (24) hours; any required documents are not returned within the time frame indicated; or if winner is unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Prize Provider and Partners assume no responsibility or liability for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest. Sponsor may modify and amend these Official Rules as they may appear online and in-store from time to time during the Contest Period for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
8. WINNER RELEASES: By participating in the Contest, entrants release Sponsor, Prize Provider, and Partners and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting a play or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering any prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor and its Partners make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize; except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize. Except where prohibited by law, winner grants to Sponsor and its designees the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known, the winner’s name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
9. NAME OF WINNER: For the name of winner (First Name and first initial of Last Name only), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc.: 1602 Nuuanu Avenue, 2nd Floor; Honolulu, HI 96817. Attn: November 2018 Letters to Santa Campaign
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and of the State of Hawaii without respect to conflict of law doctrines. Prize winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and related expenses on the prize, and may receive an IRS Form 1099 for approximate retail value of the prize. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any difference between the stated value of any prize and the actual retail value will not be awarded. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Upon forfeiture for any reason as stated in these Official Rules, no compensation will be given. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any personal information provided in connection with participation in the Contest will only be used by Sponsor to notify a potential winner and/or fulfillment of a prize.
11. CONDUCT: By participating in this Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the play process or the operation of the Contest; or to be acting any many deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ENTRIES OR WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc.