Welcome to Our
Sweepstakes: Terms & Conditions
'FLYAWAY TO THE BAY' IN-STORE SWEEPSTAKES
(EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 30, 2017)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins October 30, 2017 and ends on December 3, 2017 [HST] (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, participants are to complete ‘Fly Away to the Bay” Sweepstakes Entry Blank and place into the entry box located at all Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc. (“Sponsor”) stores. Limit one entry per person, per day, per location. All entries must be received by 11:59pm, Sunday, 3 December 2017.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States residing in Hawaii who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Eligible winner has not won a Sweepstakes Prize valued at $100.00 or higher from Sponsor or all Vendor Partners (“Partners”). Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, and Partners, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step” of each) and those living in the same households as such employees are ineligible to enter or win in this Sweepstakes.
PRIZE DETAILS: (1) ‘Flyaway to the Bay’ prize package will be awarded to a potential winner after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Package includes (2) Round-trip airfare from Honolulu, HI to San Francisco, CA, 3 night hotel accommodations + daily breakfast for two at the Handlery Union Square Hotel and a $500 VISA gift card. Approximate Retail Value: up to $3,320. This prize is non-transferrable and cannot be substituted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
4. WINNING ENTRY SELECTION: Potential winner will be selected among all eligible entries received after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by phone and/or registered mail by December 25, 2017. Potential prize winner will be required to respond within twenty-four (24) hours or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner must present a valid government issued photo ID to claim prize. Sponsor or Partners are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, postage–due or misdirected mail or entries. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Once potential winner notification is confirmed to Sponsor, the potential prize winner may be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Public Release (where permitted by law) to be signed and returned within the number of days indicated on the Affidavit. In the event the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; a telephone or text message notification is not confirmed to Sponsor within twenty-four (24) hours; any required documents are not returned within thirty (30) days; or if winner is unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and its Partners assume no responsibility or liability for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor may modify and amend these Official Rules as they may appear online and in-store from time to time during the Sweepstakes Period for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
7. WINNER RELEASES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants release Sponsor and its Partners from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting a play or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering any prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor and its Partners make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize; except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize. Except where prohibited by law, winner grants to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known, the winner’s name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
8. NAME OF WINNER: For the name of winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc.: 1602 Nuuanu Avenue, 2nd Floor; Honolulu, HI 96817. Attn: November 2017 ‘SAN FRANCISCO FLYAWAY’ Sweepstakes.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and of the State of Hawaii without respect to conflict of law doctrines. Prize winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and related expenses on the prize, and may receive an IRS Form 1099 for approximate retail value of the prize. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any difference between the stated value of any prize and the actual retail value will not be awarded. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Upon forfeiture for any reason as stated in these Official Rules, no compensation will be given. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any personal information provided in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes will only be used by Sponsor to notify a potential winner and/or fulfillment of a prize.
10. CONDUCT: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the play process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting any many deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ENTRIES OR WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc.
PARTNERS: For a complete list of Partners, send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
'LETTERS TO SANTA' IN-STORE HOLIDAY PROGRAM
(EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 13, 2017)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. CAMPAIGN PERIOD: 11/13 - 11/26/17. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. Participants must be between the ages of 5 and 12. Limit one entry per person.
3. Each keiki is invited to write a letter to Santa using provided ‘Letters to Santa’ letter
4. Each keiki is asked to complete all sections/fields on the official letter.
5. Once letter is complete, place into the official ‘Letters to Santa’ envelope and drop it in
the drop box.
6. All letters must be received by 11:59pm, Friday, November 26, 2017.
7. Santa will read through all the letters and fulfill 3 wishes on December 4, 2017.
Winners will be notified by phone by December 8, 2017.
8. Winners and their parents or guardians must be present to accept the award on
December 12, 2017 at KHON studios.
9. Keikis, parents or guardians will be responsible for all Federal/State/Local taxes.
10. Prize value depends on the Keiki wish that is fulfilled.
11. Prize Recipients must present a valid government issued photo ID upon receipt of prize.
12. Employees and their immediate family members of all participating Vendor Partners
and Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc. are not eligible to enter.
13. Neither the sponsor nor any of its agencies are responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged,
incomplete, postage-due or misdirected mail or entries. All materials submitted become
the property of Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc. and none will be returned.
14. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release and hold Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc.,
KHON and/or all participating Vendor Partners harmless from any and all losses,
damages, right claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession
or use of any prize including without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property
damage. By participating in the sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by all
the Official Rules of this sweepstakes.
15. For the name of winners, send a self addressed stamped envelope to
Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc.: 1602 Nuuanu Avenue, 2nd Floor, Honolulu, HI 96817
Attn: 2017 Letters to Santa